As we enter into a year of abundance, we must never forget to make time for JOY. 2022 taught me that self-care is quintessential to self-love.
I learned to breathe and enjoy the moments. I want to share with you a list of my favorite JOYful activities.
1. Enjoying a 30-minute walk in the morning. Let the sun shine on your face or the brisk air to touch you.
2. Reading Burn After Writing while sitting in my car listening to 90s R&B Music. The lyrics feel like a love note.
3. My 5-minute morning abundance meditation is so calming. I like to speak affirmations over my life in the morning.
4. Enjoying solo movie dates on Tuesday. Did I mention most places have discounted movies and snacks on Tuesdays? Pure joy!
5. Enjoying something new like Pilates. Check with some local places for a free introductory class.
6. Enjoying joy within my city. Every month I like to pick a hotel for a staycation. It's amazing to play a tourist in your own town.
7. The Word of God helps to keep me grounded. I like to read two pages of the Bible in the morning before work, and before bedtime.
8. For me, words have power! I love reading The Secret. It gives me the power to manifest a life of abundance.
9. Friend dates are so much joy. I like to schedule hot chocolate dates with my friends.
10. Color Me Mind is such a joyful place to tap into your inner child. You get to paint ceramics and create something beautiful. Color Me Mind is a local art studio in the Green Valley District in Las Vegas, Nevada. Find a place in your area to tap into your creative side.
11. When you look good, you feel good. I love scheduling appointments for my sugar hair removal with Hello Sugar located in Henderson, Nevada. Jada is such an amazing aesthetician.
12. We hold a lot of tension and stress in our bodies. I love scheduling massages with Elements Massage in Henderson, Nevada. Be sure to try something new. I recently tried the Hot Stones Massage.
13. Disconnect to Reconnect with yourself. I like to take a break from social media from time to time. It's refreshing to be in the "real world".
14. Joy is watching a movie from your past. My favorite is "Poetic Justice." I absolutely love Janet Jackson.
15. The little things are often big JOYful things. I like to grab candles from Isabis. I love their products and I'm also supporting a small female- owned Black business. You can shop their store online at https://www.isabisllc.com/.
16. Joy can be found in music. I love to put on some music and dance. I'm a huge Isley Brother's fan. Dancing can be great therapeutic tools for depression and grief.
17. Mental Wellness is essential to finding joy. I like to have monthly check-ins with my therapist.
18. I like to do financial check-ins with myself. Check your finances, set money management goals, and dare to dream BIG.
19. Joy is Taco Tuesday!!! Make your favorite taco or visit your local restaurant. I like Fausto's tacos in Henderson, Nevada. Fausto’s has discount tacos on Tuesdays.
20. My solo dates include grabbing my favorite specialty drink. I love a Freeze from Dutch Bros or a Latte from Starbucks. My favorite local drink is 24k Gold Crème Brûlée Latte from Cafe Lola in Henderson, Nevada.
21. Joy is allowing my inner child out to play. I love going to the park and playing on the swings. I always make sure my medical insurance is up to date just in case I'm a little rusty.
22. Joy is giving yourself flowers (literally & figuratively). I enjoy grabbing a nice bouquet from Trader Joe's.
23. I love a good ice cream date with my spouse. Visit your favorite ice cream parlor.
24. My joy is visiting my local chocolate factory. I like to visit Ethel M's Chocolate in Las Vegas. The free chocolate samples are great. Can you tell I love food?
25. Don't forget to smile. I like to remind myself that I'm blessed.
Remember, self-care is the highest form of self-love. Self-care is a form of gratitude. You are saying thank you for providing me with this body. I want to care for the body that I’ve been blessed with. Abundance Season is not always about the hustle. Be sure to schedule time for rest and recovery.
With love, Meme
Meme Green is not only one of Path To Publishing’s amazing Book Coach Literary Companion’s, but she is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, and Bestselling Author. Email info@Pathtopublishing.com to sign up for book coaching with Meme at special Pathfinder pricing. You can also connect with Meme Green at https://linktr.ee/memegreen.